We think the Georgetown Law Library says it best:
“Few books cause law students as much dread, pain, anger and frustration as the Bluebook.”
If you don’t have a personal copy of the Bluebook, we have extra copies at the front desk that you can borrow. Or if you prefer electronic format, the Bluebook is also available online, and most recently in an app for iPhone and iPad.
We know that 500 pages of citation rules are not easy to master. Fortunately there are lots of resources in the Law Library to help! Such as:
- Understanding and Mastering the Bluebook
- The Citation Workbook: How to Beat the Citation Blues
- Interactive Citation Workbook for the Bluebook
There are also some great guides out there from other institutions, such as:
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation from Cornell
- Bluebook Guide from the Georgetown Law Library; and
- Bluebook 101 from Gallagher Law Library at the University of Washington (includes Power Point slides)
Stay tuned tomorrow for tips on how to keep track of all your citations and some Bluebooking shortcuts!